Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
Well it’s another week down, and it’s a warm sunny Friday. While I sip a Mai Tai out by the pool, take a read around the interwebs. Here’s a round up of fun and interesting things I found this week. It’s Anthony Weiner free, scout’s honor. And don’t forget to drop by next week… I’m on a Buster Keaton kick these days, and you’ll find a series of reviews of Buster’s comedy shorts!
- The Alfred Hitchcock Geek has an interesting piece comparing Hitchcock and Edward Hopper. I had never really thought of that, but it made sense as soon as I read it.
- The Silent Treatment is a bi-monthly newsletter of silent movie talk. The best part is that all past issues are archived online.
- The always entertaining Mythical Monkey imagines the ultimate fate of Sam in Casablanca.
- For those not familiar with Canada (it’s due north), the Canadian government dispenses a lot of grant money for artists of all sorts to do what they do. For example, quirky directors like Guy Maddin. Take a read, check out YouTube, and track down his features.
- YouTube user BentoJoaoAntonio is slowly but surely posting each of the 13 episodes of the 1980 documentary series Hollywood: A Celebration of the American Silent Film, directed by Kevin Brownlow & David Gill for Thames Television. This is awesome beyond belief. So far he’s posted through episode nine. Check them out and stay tuned for the rest.
- Pretty Clever Films – Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – June 3, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films – Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – May 27, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films – Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – May 20, 2011
About Brandy Dean
Social media consultant, blogger for hire, and lover of classic movies and silent films.
May 7, 2015 - 0 Comment
March 4, 2015 - 0 Comment
February 27, 2015 - 1 Comment
July 25, 2014 - 0 Comment