Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
It’s been a busy week at Pretty Clever Films Headquarters thanks to TCM’s Summer Under the Stars. First we’re treated with Lon Chaney day and then Humphrey Bogart day. At night, I hear TIVO softly crying to himself in the other room. Even though I have roughly a gagillion movies to watch, I still took the time to scour the interwebs for the best goings on so you don’t have to. There seems to be an explosion of silent movie writings this week and here are a few of the best. Have a read, pop a bottle of bubbly to celebrate silent movie love, and happy viewing!
- Flapper Flickers – Silent Stanzas reviews Old San Francisco and I’m very grateful, because I saw this several years ago and haven’t been able to remember the name
- Also Flapper Flickers – Silent Stanzas is on a bender. Read reviews of Seven Years Bad Luck, An Easterner Westerner, City Lights, Gambling Lady, Secrets, Son of the Sheik, Five Star Final, and The Wild Party. Whew!
- Oh, David Lynch… you’re a hoot, that’s what you are. But I’m worried that electropop doesn’t provide the same outlet for your psychoses as movies do.
- John Huston gets his own postage stamp. Please some one write me a letter with a Maltese Falcon stamp.
- I have never seen Die Nibelungen but this Classic Movie Rambling’s post makes me want to… like right now.
- The Art and Culture of Movies brings us this very perceptive and detailed essay “The Dilemma of Harold Lloyd.”
- Sometimes I think the British have a weird relationship with animals. Then I see things like this and know it’s true:
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – August 12, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – August 5, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 29, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 22, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 15, 2011