Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
So seriously, I made a little online tour of the rep cinema’s last night to see what’s on offer this weekend, and felt very disappointed that I can’t go out to a silent film screening this week. The Toronto Silent Film Festival spoiled me! It might just be me and the dvds this weekend, folks. Despite my many silent film screenings this week, I still made time to scour the interwebs for you, dear readers. First, I want to say that over the week I collected a ton of links from The Cinementals and then I thought I should just tell you to follow The Cinementals. They’re doing an awesome job! Now, let’s get down to it. Here’s the best and the brightest the interwebs had to offer this week. Happy reading and happy viewing!
- I am still loving Frakensteinia. This week it’s Frankenstein themes in silent films.
- KC over at Classic Movies has gone on a little Melies tear. Start with her brief bio and move on to her Classic Links: Melies Edition.
- Trevor Jost gives us the skinny on the TCM Film Fest silent film offerings.
- The Art & Culture of Movies takes a look at D.W. Griffith’s As It is in Life.
- Only the Cinema looks at one of my fav Buster Keaton outings, The Navigator. And um, yeah… all the Buster Keaton movies are one of my favs.
- Both The Matinee and Silent Volume did a much better job of keeping up with reviews of TSFF screenings. Check ‘em out.
- This video, with the straightforward name Rear Window Timelapse, has been floating around the interwebs all week, but it’s worth a look. It’s odd.
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 30, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 23, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 16, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 09, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 02, 2012