Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
It’s Memorial Day Weekend people! That means burgers, beers, and a classic war movies marathon on TCM. Here’s a few other things to read, see, and think about as you laze around in the sun.
- Having very fond memories of the Muppets, I’m getting more amped about the Muppet movies as teasers trickle out. Check out The Hang Over parody on Film Junk.
- I found The Shelia Variations while reading about Bringing Up Baby, but I stayed for the great writing.
- Now that the long weekend is here, you have plenty of time to kick back and listen to the Truffat-Hitchcock Interviews.
- If you’re within subway distance, be sure to get out to the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria for the screening series “Making Movies in New York: 1911″
- The Kitty Packard Pictorial reminds us that Sidney Sheldon was a screenwriter once upon a time.
- To honor both hot service men and their Hollywood iterations, The Lady Eve’s Reel Life is giving away an Errol Flynn box set.