Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
It’s Friday and it’s a long weekend (at least in Canada). Woo hoo! As the summer clock ticks down, I hope everyone is enjoying outdoor summer movie screenings and backyard BBQs. It was an exciting week in internet land and I’ve rounded up the best I found. So follow the links and enjoy! Happy viewing!
- Design Taxi offers up as good an explanation as any for the super-creep factor in The Shining.
- Richard Brody blogs at The New Yorker about Geraldine Chaplin’s new German interview. Are we ready for Chaplin’s diary? You bet we are!
- Noir and Chick Flicks reviews the silent Garden of Eden (1928). This one’s definitely going on my to-watch list.
- Out of The Past reviews the biography of silent star Nell Shipman. I love silent movies, books, and books about silent movies, so win-win-win.
- Unexplained Cinema brings us “Music to be Murdered By” the LP. I don’t have to say this involves Alfred Hitchcock, right?
- Who can resist reading a post titled “God Bless the Orgiast Who’s Brought His Own”? And I don’t to say this post from Acidemic is about Cecil B. DeMille, right?
- Fashion to Film delivers a nice overview of the role of costume for Charlie Chaplin’s Tramp character.
- And last but not least, the incomparable Mr. Hitchcock on puns:
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 22, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 15, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 8, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – July 1, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – June 24, 2011